Soldin (Mysliborz), Kreis Soldin, Neumark, Brandenburg
Soldin (Mysliborz) is a walled town surrounded by a mote. The Dukes of Brandenburg created this town in 12th century. The town walls date to the 14th century. Forty percent of the town was destroyed in the Second World War. The pictures show the two main gates to the town.
It had 13th century church which was initially Catholic, became Lutheran after 1538, and returned to being a Catholic church following the Second World War. The church was rebuilt many times. The altar and pulpit date back to the 16th century. Here are pictures:
Click here to go to other villages.
Please send any queries to Bill Remus at
October 2, 2010