Klötzin (Klodzino), Kreis Pyritz, Pommern
Klötzin (Klodzino) is a village that was formerly a manorial farm. This estate was created by the Dukes of Pommern in the 13th century (see below). The von Kussow family owned this estate. There are good pictures following of the manorial farm barns but the manor house is destroyed.
It has a nice 15th century church that was initially Catholic, became Lutheran in the 16th century, and returned to being a Catholic Church following the Second World War. The structure of the building remained relatively unchanged and often the same fonts and altars were still in use over this long period. The church is in the classic 15th century Pommern style seen throughout Pommern.
Such estates were created by the Dukes of Pommern in the 13th century. Some estates remained the property of the Dukes (royal villages), some were granted to the nobility (largely German and Slavic Knights) that supported the Duke (noble villages), and some were granted to the church. The church held villages might contain a monastery or might be a manorial farm controlled by a church official like a bishop whose management was contracted out.
In the 15th century, the village owners throughout Kreis Pyritz seemed to compete with each other in building beautiful Pommern style churches for their manorial farms. They largely controlled the church, its records and the clergy for the church. Around 1820, the Prussian government required the churches to keep duplicate church books and provide them to the Prussian government. These are the church books they Mormons have microfilmed. In the late 1870ís civil records were also required and many are also available from the Mormons.
My interest in this village is that Michael Remus, a shepherd, and his children lived here. Here are details:
1. MICHAEL FRIEDRICH REMUS was born Bef. 1780.
Children of MICHAEL FRIEDRICH REMUS are:
2. i. ANNA CHRISTINE2 REMUS, b. Nov 1800; d. 24 Feb1828, Klötzin, Pyritz, Pommern.
3. ii. ANNA REGINE REMUS, b. Bef. 1809.
Generation No. 2
2. ANNA CHRISTINE2 REMUS (MICHAEL FRIEDRICH1) was born Nov 1800, and died 24 Feb 1828 in Klötzin, Pyritz, Pommern. She married FRIEDRICH BORCHARDT 04 Jan 1827 in Klötzin, Pyritz, Pommern. He was born Bef. 1800.
Child of ANNA REMUS and FRIEDRICH BORCHARDT is:
i. CHRISTINA FRIEDERIKA3 BORCHARDT, b. 30 Nov 1826,Klötzin, Pyritz, Pommern (see note).
The child was born prior to marriage.
3. ANNA REGINE REMUS (MICHAEL FRIEDRICH) was born Bef. 1809. She married (1) GOTTFRIED PANKNIN in (married and later divorced). He was born Bef. 1807. She married (2) SIGESMUND BUCHWALD 25 Apr 1830 in Schellin, Pyritz, Pommern. He was born Bef. 1809.
Children of ANNA REMUS and GOTTFRIED PANKNIN are:
i. CARL FRIEDRICH3 PANKNIN, b. 09 Nov 1826, Schellin, Pyritz, Pommern.
ii. WILHELM FRIEDRICH PANKNIN, b. 08 Sep 1828, Schellin, Pyritz, Pommern.
Child of ANNA REMUS and SIGESMUND BUCHWALD is:
iii. ALBERT EDWARD3 BUCHWALD, b. 25 Aug 1830, Kitzrow, Pyritz, Pommern.
Click here to go to other villages.
Please send any queries to Bill Remus at
October 5, 2010