Zezenow (Cecenowo), Kreis Stolp, Pommern
This parish dates from 1590. Its patrons were the von Zitzewitz family. It was a Kashubian language church until 1867; it was the last church to use that language. It was originally a Lutheran church that might have served the residents ofPodel and Wollin but is now Catholic. Here are pictures of the church and its altar:
Here is a map of the area:
Click here to go to other West Prussia Villages.
Please send any queries to Bill Remus at
July 9, 2012