Blenna is one of the intermediate villages where the Spitzer family stayed as they migrated to Volhynia, arriving in Volhynia in 1833 via Czamanin, Sosnowa Wola, and Blenna. Finding Blenna is tricky since there were actually five Blennas set up in the same area. Blenna plus Blenna A to Blenna D. The nature of their migration suggests that they were not land holders but farm workers. Click here for the family genealogy.
From this village, they moved on to Rawa where they met up with their future in-laws, the Hoffmann and Will families. Here are some pictures of the Blenna where the church was located:
Click here for more about the area and why the Germans would want to leave for Volhynia.
Please send any queries to Bill Remus at
September 17, 2007