Descendants of Ludwig (Lewis) Natho
Generation No. 1
1. LUDWIG (LEWIS)1 NATHO was born 1830 in Prussia1. He married CAROLINE LEVERENZ 18592. She was born 1836 in Prussia3,4.
Notes for LUDWIG (LEWIS) NATHO:
I first found Lewis (Ludwig) Natho working as a boot and shoemaker in Danville, IL. He was a partner in Natho and Baumgarten. He sold his interest to Anders and began to look around for a new place to go. At the time of the census of 1880, his wife Caroline and son Charles (also a boot and shoemaker) were staying with Charles Leverenz and his wife Martha Holzhauer in Danville. The census indicates that Caroline was a sister to either Charles Leverenz or Martha (nee Holzhauer). Son Fred was at John Wairs. Sons Frank 18 and John 9 were at Charles Rooks. Frank was a clerk in a bookstore.
There is a Lewis Natho in the 1860 census. He is shown as living at 2 W. Troy in Rensalaer Co., NY (p.215 of the census). It is not certain that this is our Lewis.
More About LUDWIG (LEWIS) NATHO:
Occupation: 1870, Shoe and Boot Maker at Natho and Baumgarten
Residence: 1870, Danville, IL
More About CAROLINE LEVERENZ:
Name Change: said to be a Leverenz by Erwin Hoffman
Children of LUDWIG NATHO and CAROLINE LEVERENZ are:
i. FRANK2 NATHO, b. 1860, NY5.
More About FRANK NATHO:
Occupation: 1880, clerk at book store
Residence: 1889, 601 Wayne, Danville6
ii. CHARLES NATHO, b. 1863, IL7.
iii. WILLIAM NATHO, b. 1865, IL7.
iv. FRANZ NATHO, b. 1867, IL7.
More About FRANZ NATHO:
Residence: 1911, Frank and Lillie Natho in Danville, IL
v. FRIEDRICH NATHO, b. 1868, IL7.
More About FRIEDRICH NATHO:
Occupation: 1889, Clerk in Depke & Hahne, Danville8
Residence: 1889, Perrysville Road, Danville8
2. vi. JOHN NATHO, b. May 1871, Illinois.
Generation No. 2
2. JOHN2 NATHO (LUDWIG (LEWIS)1) was born May 1871 in Illinois9. He married MATHILDA KRASIN 1897 in AR. She was born June 18, 1876 in Romansdorf, Kiev, Russia10.
More About JOHN NATHO:
Occupation: 1910, Merchant - General Merchandise
Children of JOHN NATHO and MATHILDA KRASIN are:
i. WALTER3 NATHO, b. May 03, 1898, AR11; d. April 1985, Gillett, AR11.
ii. IDA NATHO, b. December 1899, AR12.
iii. LOUIS NATHO, b. 190212.
iv. ANNA NATHO, b. 190312.
v. CARL NATHO, b. 190512.
vi. PAUL NATHO, b. 190712.
1. 1870 US Census for Danville IL roll 285 sheet 135.
2. 1860 census for Troy NY (they were said to be married one year).
3. 1870 US Census for Danville IL roll 285 sheet 135.
4. 1880 US Census for Danville.
5. 1870 US Census for Danville IL roll 285 sheet 135.
6. Directory of Danville 1889.
7. 1870 US Census for Danville IL roll 285 sheet 135.
8. Directory of Danville 1889.
9. Arkansas Twp. 1910 Federal Census.
10. St Pete 1884071/1 420 135.
11. Social Security Death Index 429643584.
12. Arkansas Twp. 1910 Federal Census.